Update from Administrator – November 13, 2020
November 13, 2020
Dear Residents, Families, and Employees:
Yesterday, we learned that one of our contracted vendors had tested positive for COVID-19. Due to the vendor having contact with some members of our staff and residents, and through contact tracing, we have begun testing our entire staff and residents and will continue to do so for the next two weeks.
If your loved one tests positive, you will receive a phone call.
Below is a brief overview of what we have done, and will continue to do, to ensure everyone’s safety and health at Plymouth Rehabilitation & Health Care Center.
• All residents and staff will be tested.
• The testing will take place weekly for at least two weeks to ensure that no one is positive.
• We continue to audit our staff for proper PPE donning/ doffing, hand hygiene, etc.
• Continue to require all staff to be screened before and during each shift – questionnaires and temperature checks.
• Out of an abundance of caution, the whole center is being monitored with additional vital signs taken per shift. Any residents near the affected residents are on specific COVID precautions.
• State and local health departments have been notified and consulted; we are following their guidance.
As I have mentioned in the very recent past, this pandemic is still very much active in our state and region. This situation serves as a reminder that we must all remain vigilant in following all guidelines, recommendations, and best practices to stay safe and fight this pandemic.
We will provide all updates as they become available and I encourage you to contact us directly with questions specific to your loved one. You may also utilize Info@PlymouthRehab.com to reach us, which is a general email address that is monitored by several department heads, in the event I am unable to respond to you in a timely manner.
We appreciate the support of our community during this time.
Michelle Newcomb, LNHA